Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Who knew running errands could be so fun???

Had a few errand to run down south. Right near our old stomping grounds. So a deal was made. The kids (including Emma's friend Kora) had to 'suffer' through 'mom's' stuff, then the rest of the day was up to them. Here's how it turned out.....

First stop....(after the boring errands, of course) :)

Spanish Fork Reservoir!



TRIPLE GOOD TIMES!!!!! Love that place!
After a couple of hours sunnin' and swimming, a drive through our old neighborhood in Springville was next on the list - just to see how things were. We all waxed nostalgic for a few minutes. The kids realized that the BIG GINORMOUS hill they used to ride their bikes down wasn't all that big anymore. We waved at our old house, and remembered the 'good old days'. (just for the record....We ALMOST stopped at a few of your houses....just to say Hi.......we were SO close to dinging those doorbells..............but my better judgement decided we were wet, sandy, looked atrocious at best, AND it was just about dinner time.....so much to the kids chagrin, we forged on........)

Third stop? BYU creamery. Truly a happy and delicious place. (Well worth the stop.....if you ever happen to be on 9th in Provo).



Our final destination for the day was to hike up to Bridal Veil Falls - which is always fabulous! Walking up Provo canyon reminded me that I truly do miss Utah County (not that Davis isn't FANTASTIC, mind you.....)
Good times climbing up the falls, and the medal of courage be awarded to them all for daring to take a full body dip in the icy icy water!





Brave brave Tanner! (They were ALL brave....but the battery ran out.....darnet.)


I wish all errand days could be so fun :)

9 comments:

Wendi said...

You're the coolest mom EVER! My kids would love helping me run errands like that. :)

Donahoe Family said...

That looks like so much fun! Bridal Veil Falls...now that takes me back. I wanna go with you next time, I didn't even know there was a Spanish Fork Reservoir - but I want to go!

Lara said...

You are so cool. I wish my errand running was that much fun!!

And thanks for always being so happy. I love you for that. It's definately contagious!

Maren said...

It all sounds so COLD: ice cream, waterfalls. Fun, but cold!

Mechelle said...

Were you errands to swim and hike? What fun errands;)

Stef said...

How fun! Though I always avoid stepping foot on BYU campus if at all possible, that ice cream sure is good.

Amy said...

I'm never telling my kids about your fun errands, because they will refuse to go with me on my always boring errands ever again.
Ah mom, why can't you be more like Ange...oh the pressure... :)

Holly Cruz said...

Looks like so much fun! See you can have days like that and find activities for everyone!

Holly Cruz said...

Still looks like fun! It's fun for me to see how the kids are growing. Keep posting pics of the kids for me k. By the way, I bet you would be so surprised at how affordable california can be. The Sacramento area is pretty comparable to where you live and not to mention the pay is twice as much. It's true the closer you get to the coast, in some area's the cost goes up but I tell ya it is so worth it!