Monday, April 14, 2014

Jersey drama and some piano playing

Dear Family,
Yes I did indeed get the pictures!!! Tyler, you tool ;) lovin' the stache bro ;) Everyone is looking well and sounds like fun moving allllll the time!!!!!!!!
Real quick, for the face norwex rag, I don't need to buy facewash, do I? Also, I have 9 puffs of asmonex left, so if I could get some soon, that would be swell :)
Everything is well in Motown!!! The weather is great, the companions are sweet, the numbers are up! Last Monday after p-day, we taught three lessons to two less actives and an active member. Tuesday, we had our first district meeting. E Lattuga is the DL right now. Before dm, he had us do a district language study, which was the first time I've ever done that, but it was kinda fuN! We all met as a district an hour before DM, and we just talked about principles of Spanish we didn't understand and all helped eachother and learned a song! I'm actually really grateful for where my Spanish is at right now, I'm really pleased. I can communicate just about anything that I want to, and my accent isn't terrible! I actually have gotten several compliments for how good my Spanish is, and how young I am in the mission, so that made me feel good ;) After DM we ran home, taught Carlos the member and another less active family before going to soccer. I really do enjoy playing soccer. I hope they play it in every area I go to. I scored the first goal of the night, with Obdeli workin with me!! ;) It's really fun to see everyone go at it in the church gym, it's almost as good as all the little girls on Emma's birthday ;)
We taught Obdeli on Wednesday, and let me tell ya, Obdeli is still THE COOLEST guy I have ever met. He's so chill, and understanding, and he's a way good team up!!!! But remember how I told you last week that E Lattuga was known for being a flirt? Yeah...so Obdeli told me (in secret) that E Lattuga sent Laura (member, Obdeli's girlfriend) flowers right before he came ....so...that's awkward....also Laura broke up with Obdeli for no reason apparently?? It's a weird situation...Jersey Drama ;) I'm not sure if the right thing to do right now would be to talk to E Lattuga? Because he is kind of a flirt, but I don't think he would do something like that from talking to him, but he might? I dunno, if it turns out to be a problem, I'll take action haha! Right now we are preparing Obdeli to go do baptisms for the dead!!! He is still my most solid recent convert ;)
 Thursday was a really good day. We taught Marvin, our investigator, and committed him to a date of April 27!! He accepted, but we have to push it back a week because he didn't come to church yesterday :/ he is solid though! He is a 17 year old boy that E Diaz and I found. He's way good at soccer, and he's way way way prepared!!! He's gonna be my one that got away if we don't get him baptized...we also taught Donaldo, our media referral, and committed him with a baptismal date of May 18. He needs to come to church too, but I think he'll be ready. Then we went to Lila's house (dry member)and she gave us a piece of pizza, then we went to the Chiviliu's and they fed us baleadas. They are soooo good. Look em up!!! Classic honduranian delights!!!
On Friday we taught a few more member lessons, then at night we had our coordination meeting with the branch mission leader. It was NO BUENO. Sis. Ericksen, the sister from Layton here, is super duper ambitious, bold/overbearing, really really really strongwilled and stubborn....and our branch mission leader still doesn't really understand the purpose of these meetings so he just goes off on story telling show and tell time...anyways, he said something, and then Sis. Ericksen went on this rant about how it wasn't a part of our purpose as missionaries (when it totally was) and had this freak out and was really rude and then we ended up being late to our house and everyone was mad and frustrated, and E Lattuga had to deal with the issue because he's DL and so it's just been drama for the past few days...crazy stuff. This is worse than high school.
Even with all this drama though, I wanna be a DL so bad!!! Not even just to say i'm in charge, I just want to have some responsibility and be in a better position to help the missionaries around me. I really really really really wanna be a DL.
 On Saturday, the weather was BEAUTIFUL. It's starting to turn into spring, so we just wear short sleeve shirts, and I wish I had muscles to show off, but it still feels so good!!! E Lattuga had a DL council meeting, so before that we went to the Morristown Diner, and I didn't know what to get, so I made a hasty decision and got a big bowl of oatmeal with a blueberry muffin. It was alright, but a wasted opportunity at a diner. I hate quick decisions ;) We went over to the Morales, and they gave us an amazing berry cobbler with vanilla ice cream. We've been teaching all of our members the PMG lessons from the beginning, and so that's what we taught them. Hna Morales' mom is in from Guatemala, and she's hardcore catholic, but she joined in the lesson, and we had a lesson on steroids with her and the spirit, it was soooo cool!!! There was lots of testimony, and we committed her to read the intro and pray about it. It was sweet.
 
 Sunday was good. But all three of us just about fell asleep several times. We've all been so tired!! We had to get up and get out of Elder's quorum for a few minutes, it was bad haha! Even though I can understand Spanish, it's hard for me to stay awake just listening to it ;) After church, the only lesson we were able to teach was at Belia's house. They also fed us really good pasta and steak and the amazing mozzarella cheese quesadillas. It's always a good time over there.
And here I am, today, Monday, on the computer. Guess what!! E packer is teaching us how to play the piano, and my skills are starting to come back!! ;) I'm gonna start learning how to play hymns on this keyboard the Morales are giving me today, and e packer has already taught me this way sweet song and we made up a sweet jam last week! Our p-day afternoons now consist of going to the church, pulling three pianos into the gym, and playing for an hour or two.  (As a music mom....can I just say that I LOVED hearing this??) :)
Anyways, good luck finishing the house, it sounds crazy haha!! Love you guys, have a great week!! :)
Love,
Elder Tanner Nelson

No comments: