Thursday, October 10, 2013

4 more days!



 
Dear mom and family,


Awesome for Annekke!!!!!!! Mexico is crazy ..........tell her to stay off the roads ;) but a mission here would be sweet!!! But Clint is in one of the Mexico City missions, so no go there...provo mtc or mexico ccm?! Exciting!! 

I don't know my exact travel plans yet, but I'm pretty sure I leave on monday!!  We have in-field orientation tomorrow, not sure what that is, then I have to give a talk on sunday and conduct a district meeting, then we're outta here!!  My comp was the senior comp for 3 weeks. Everybody spends the whole time with one companion, someone that came in the same day as them. I'm the senior comp now ;).  He's going to Albequerque, same as everyone else in my dorm! There is only one other kid here going to jersey, Elder Beus who we met at the airport in SLC! So, that'll be an adventure!!

My spanish is coming along alright, we finished all of our lessons, we know basically everything there is to know about spanish ;) - now we just need practice. Spanish makes a lot more sense than english. There is a ton of rules, but there arent really any exceptions to those rules like in english...now it's just a point of knowing the vocab and using it correctly! There's a quote in one of our language books that says something like 'A man does not know his own language until he studies a foreign one' and that is so true. I've learned so much about english while studying spanish haha!!

This conference was definitely the best one ever!!  Some really inspired messages!! I wrote down that one too, 'doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith', it was a really really really good conference!!
 
Last P day, after emails and stuff we go back to class. P day officially ends here at 5:15 so we can have daily planning, dinner, and class.  For class last thursday, we took some time at the end to do an activity with the class next door. We paired up individually. Then everyone in the other class had a  question, and we had 10 minutes to prepare a message for them. I got paired up with Elder Richey, an elder who has had big problems with his comp. They don't even talk to eachother, and they are the main part of our discussion in sunday leadership meetings.  Elder Richey has very low self esteem and self confidence, it's hard to watch that!  But I love the guy, he's an amazing guy!  So his question was 'Does God know me'?   So I went back and said a prayer asking to know how to help him. As I prepared, I came up with two Scriptures, Jeremiah 1:5 and 31:3.  Both have to do with God's love and how He knows us. I shared that message, and told him about how God knows everything he is going through and knows how to help him and loves him. The spirit was so strong!  He started crying towards the end, and he told me that was exactly what he needed to here. He said something that really made my day, really made me feel worthwhile. 'Thank you for being worthy to have the Spirit with you and to know what I needed to hear.'  He kept on thanking me, and we hugged a few times, and said a prayer of thanks.  He left for Ecuador on monday, and that was probably one of the coolest experiences I've had here!!
 
As for Taylor and Mav, I see Taylor quite a bit, his room is in the floor under mine, and his class is in my same building. We're gonna get a picture today actually.  But I really hardly ever see Mav...maybe three times since I got here? And I have heard from Dylan, but not Trevor....and that's awesome for Nate!!! But tell him to email me, the lazy bugger ;)
 
Good to hear everything is going well there, Love you guys!!
 
Love,
Elder Nelson

No comments: