Monday, February 8, 2010

Ta da!....and other stuff.....

Much been happening.
I'm sure you're lives are the same.
(Wait a second....we interrupt this post to holler ***HELP!....I can't click and drag pictures around in this blog anymore. In fact, when I'm editing a post it doesn't even show up as a real 'picture' anymore, just computer jibberish that I can't even cut and paste to move it. That's why all the pictures are at the top, in random order. Any blog geniuses that have had this problem before?****)

Alright....back to the post.....

Here's a couple of highlights from the past few weeks at the Nelson hut....

Bye Bye Binkies! (I know I know we're probably WAY over due on this one. But I had a sneaky suspicion that as soon as the binkie was gone, so would be the naps. And for an added bonus - not only does she NOT take naps, she also wakes up BEFORE the crack of dawn every day).

See how happy and excited she is to throw them away...all THREE of her favorite binkes ever. She realized she would be getting a little 'gift'. Which made her happy.
However, subsequent nights have proved that Little Mermaid Polly Pocket sets do not make up entirely for missed binkies.
Drat.

(And on a mothers side note - I have to admit, I shed a tear or two while rocking her to sleep that night, realizing that she's growing up.) (Alright, I realize that she's only THREE....but still)


Fun to-do's and ta-dah's number 2:

Remember WAY back....several posts ago......I was working on making the family room a little more 'hip' and 'hang-out' worthy?
Well....it's about 98% finished now, and here's what we came up with:



Woohoo for cheery family rooms :)
Much better than the drab blah that was there before.


And most recent ago was Grandpa Berry's birthday party. I love that man. He's kind, he's gentle, he's endured many hardships, his smile lights up his entire face. And he has the best darn 'veterans' hat ever.



I usually dread the cold, grey, dark of January - but I have to admit - it's been good. Eventful, busy, and good. NOT to say I'm not absolutely looking forward to March. March means the start of some REAL green.
And green is happy news.

Here's to January!

9 comments:

laura s. said...

Ange! I think this is what is happening...

When you are writing a post, look at the two tabs to your upper right, directly above the Preview option. One is called Compose and one is called Edit Html. If you are in the Edit Html window, it will show everything in mumbo-jumbo code.
Click on the Compose tab, and hopefully it will go back to normal.
Hope this helps!

An your family room looks FABULOUS! I love all the color!

Ange said...

Laura -
you are BRILLIANT! Thanks for the info. Problem has been fixed!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Wendi said...

Your family room is AWESOME! I love everything about it!! Especially the bright colors! :) I'm glad you figured out the HTML verses Compose tab issue. Can't wait to see you and the other girls in March! :)

Mechelle said...

You did a great job on your family room. It looks awesome!

Lara said...

I absolutely LOVE your family room!! Great job! It is so happy!
And congrats on the binkie weaning. That is quite an accomplishment.

Holly Cruz said...

Hurray for no more binkies!!!!! Guess what? I cry about Jaxen growing up too! I'm still amazed and marvel at him and want him to stay my snuggle bug forever. But he's fun to watch while learning and growing at the same time. It's a bitter sweet thing for a mom!

Holly said...

Love the family room! Isn't it so hard to part with the binkie? Pete found one the other day and put it in his mouth before I could stop him. It was hard to have to explain that he still couldn't have it. You would think after four months he would have forgotten.

Maren said...

I love the family room! I would like a close-up shot of the frame collage - I love it and would like to copy...

The Cheatham Family said...

Very cute Ange!