Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Best cure EVER...

So I've decided that the best cure for the winter blahs (and let's face it, is there REALLY ANYONE who absolutely LOVEs the cold, dark, and gray that drones on????).....is a trip to St. George for a soccer tournament!
The weather couldn't have been more perfect.

Here's some highlights:
Soccer (of course)....so fun to be playing outside again. We were a little ill prepared for the 72 degree weather. Tanner started to feel the 'burning' on his winter white skin, and actually cracked open the mini packet of sunblock from the first aid kit. (he really was so concerned.....and I was trying not to laugh :)


This was a view of the soccer field in mesquite. Makes you totally want to don your flip flops and capris, huh?


The boys and I were able to go to the St. George temple and do baptisms with some good friends down there, and I KNOW we took pictures....but I'm wondering if a certain 3 year old who shall remain nameless accidentally deleted them.
It was awesome.

Swimming.....and more swimming....
Hey wait a second.
Those pictures are gone too????
You will just have to take my WORD on it - everyone was having a great time (even if we don't have the pictures to prove it)!

Cove Fort on the way home. Cool little church history sight built by Pres. Hinckley's grandfather.




When we left Mesquite the temperature gauge in the car said 72 degrees. Not even kidding here people.

For every hour north we drove coming home that day, we lost about 10 degrees.
Lame.



I'm trying to find a love in my heart for the winter. Will have to dig deeper apparently. In the mean time though, I think my flip flops are here to stay.

9 comments:

Wendi said...

Yeah, I need some of that sunshine. The snow was all melted on Tuesday. And now it's back. Bother.

Mechelle said...

Me jealous:(
That sounds like pure heaven!

Lara said...

Oh, warmth! Must have been nice! I bet it was hard coming back. What a fun time though.

And just so you know, I got out my flip flops already too. I couldn't wait any longer. :)

Holly Cruz said...

You crack me up! All you need to do to love the winter time is come to Cali. Even when it's raining it's not so bad(reminds me of Seattle, but unlike Seattle the rain actually stops). However if you did come to Cali Tanner would be breaking in that first aid kit every day pretty much. so cute! It's nice if we want to be in the snow we only have to go about 20-30 minutes east and when we're done we get to come back. Funny thing is we never go east in the winter month's. I miss playing in the snow but I do love my sunshine!

Amy said...

Sounds like fun! We love it down there and it the stars align correctly one day here in the near future, we hope to make it a permanent place of residence... (dream dream)

Joanna said...

Hi there! Your blog is so cute and your boys are so big!! When did that happen? Loved the picture of green grass...I'm still waiting for the snow to melt in the shadowy corners of my backyard. Someday!! Maybe if we all wear warm weather clothes, Mother Nature will get the hint. Bring on the sandals!

The Cheatham Family said...

I saw it and felt it! The sun was out yesterday. Yeah! :)

Stef said...

I'm jealous that you got to go to St. George. There is nothing better than a couple days away from the cold and gray.

FarrEver Family said...

Hello Sister Nelson,
This is Amy Farr from the ward. I am adoring your family from a far, and just wanted you to know, I find you all completely adorable.
You have been kind to me in little ways your probably don't even know, but I just wanted to tell you, thank you.
Jandafarr@gmail.com---just in case you want to see my blog, or maybe find out who I am if you have no idea.