Thursday, December 31, 2009

This years top 10....

Well here I sit.....it's 10:35 New Years Eve. Most of you are having a fabulous time getting ready to bang the pots and pans to bring in the new year. But the girls and I are quietly sitting at home thanks to a ruptured ear drum from Emma, and a tad-too-runny nose from Addie.
I'll admit, my insides were pouting as I ate my can of Progresso soup for dinner and thought of the fabulous nacho bar we were missing at Mema's house (I've been thinking of Velveeta-Ro-tel cheese dip ALL WEEK. I LOVE that stuff!).

Could she not have TIMED the rupturing of her ear drum any better than New Year's eve? Really people.

As we snuggled up together and watched Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph (just a side note - I KNOW Rudolph is a classic. Burl Ive's rocks.....but it seemed kind of creepy and a tad bit scary the other night. And the music? Let's not get started on the music. I've been singing "We're on the island of misfit toys" all night long.....and that's simply way too long to be singing that song.)

...sorry...I digressed again. So, as I was saying......we were snuggled up watching some fabulous Christmas classics, I realized that really - this is where I should be, and at that moment, there wasn't anywhere I'd rather be. Yes we were missing out on some fabulous Nelson family company, and awesome ro-tel cheese dip. But spending time with the girls, with nothing else to distract my attention? Felt good.

Alright, so the real reason of this post was just a quick wrap up for the Nelson bunch.......So here's just a quick wrap-up of our top 10 from 2009 (in no particular order):

Disneyland - love love love that place.

Emma getting baptized.
(it was bright, okay?)
Tyler receiving the prieshood

Tanner becoming a Teacher


Jason running his first half marathon

Addie wearing princess panties (hooray for no-more diapers!)...woops....sorry, no pictures for this one yet :)

The "Thursday" pool (Thanks Sis. Stevenson)



July 24 Camp out in the back yard....rain, wind, and all.

Cruise to the Carribbean

Tanner's wall of glory: (This one may need some explaining.....back in July Tanner one day said "hey, I totally feel taller"....so we measured, and by George, he was. It thrills him to no end to be measured now. Monthly. And gloat in his height. And that he can wear Jason's shoes now. And that he buys clothes in the Men's section. Probably his most thrilling accomplishment on the wall of glory is the top 2 dates, if you'll notice they are 2 days apart. I'm not kidding when I say we measured and remeasured thinking it must be some mistake. Hooray for teenage growth-spurts that very well may eat us out of house and home.




....as I was looking through pictures, I realized that we have much more than a top 10 list. This has been a fabulous year, always an adventure, and like I'm sure is the same for all of you - there have been struggles, triumphs, lessons learned, lessons still working on being learned, and many many many blessings.

Life is good. No. Life is awesome.

12 comments:

Mechelle said...

Cheers to you! We love you Nelson family!!

Wendi said...

I especially love the baptism picture and the back yard camp out picture. :)

Hope your girls are feeling better now. Happy New Year!! :)

Jewels said...

I loved your comment in Sunday School yesterday, you totally have the right perspective. What a fun and amazing year you guys have had. I can not believe Tanner's growth spurt-hello!! My husband left on his mission 6'2" and came home 6'6", they had to ship him out new suits and everything. Good luck with that growing family of yours and heres to a wonderful 2010.

Amy said...

You are always good at looking on the brightest side of things.
Something I want to do better at.
Happy 2010!

Kristen said...

Cute Post! I love all the pics! You look good Ange...just thought I would tell you that! Hope you have an awesome YEAR!!

Maren said...

YOU are awesome! Love your post.

The Cheatham Family said...

Loved your top 10..." And your last paragraph was well said and absolutely the truth!

Holly Cruz said...

Tanner's wall of glory cracks me up! That is hilarious! I actually went through my year of photos and did a post of things we did last year on facebook. It was so fun to go through them and remember everything we did. You're right there is way more than only 10 things to choose from. I think I ended up with 80 photos and decided the album was big enough.

We stayed home for New Years also. We were all sick as well. begining with Jaxen and then Tristan and me and then Ron. But we had fun as well. It's nice having uninterupted time with our kids. I love it! Hope everyone is feeling better. Thanks for the gift card, a date night is exactly what Ron and I needed. Jaxen also loved his cars. He actually opened the box by himself(first time) and started lining them up forgetting that he had other gifts to open. It was funny and cute. Thanks again!

Lori Conger said...

I loved your post!! You are always such a chipper, upbeat person. I've missed you. I wanted to get our families together before Christmas, but Jaren thought he had the swine flu, so Dan put the kabosh on my idea. We'll have to plan something soon. Hope all is well. We've got lots of catching up to do.

Lara said...

Good times! You are so funny. I love your sense of humor, Ange. 2009 was indeed a great year but I can feel 2010 is gonna be even better!

Stef said...

Sorry you missed out on the feast. Jason seemed so forlorn without you. It's always good to look back on a tough year and pull positive things out. Even though they may be hard to see, I've found those are the times that are the most valuable.

Sherry said...

I can't believe he grew overnight! Holy cow! What size are Tanner/Jason's feet??! What do you feed him to fill him up? I need a couple of hundred extra food dollars myself! heehee