Friday, June 5, 2009

Reach for the clouds...

...so we were jumping on the tramp - the girls and I, when two year old started jumping and reaching with all her might. "I got it!" - she said, and came and handed me a handful of..well...air.

"Thank you SO much!" I said, with as much enthusiasm I could muster.

"you welcome" she said, grinning from ear to ear.

"What is it?"

"clouds" She says (...oh....Clouds......of course!)

And why not?

Why on earth shouldn't we reach for the clouds, or the stars, or whatever you feel might be a hard thing - a little out of reach........and not always, but some lucky (and hard earned) days, actually reach them?


9 comments:

Amy said...

Reaching for the clouds sounds perfect!

And just for the record, I am impressed that your body, or rather certain parts of it ;) will allow you to still jump on the tramp at all. Maybe I am older than I thought...

Look at you go!

Mechelle said...

I love sweet moments like that with the kids - how cute!

Stef said...

It's nice to be reminded of the simplicity of childhood when we (well, I) were a lot less cynical. How quickly we forget about the dreams we had as kids.

Sherry said...

She's awfully cute! Can't believe we haven't seen you guys in a LONG time!

Maren said...

How cute!

Ali the B. said...

Dang Ange, when I was jumping on my tramp the only thing I was reaching for was depends (see my blog post titled "the very thrill" it will give you a chuckle!!!!
Nevertheless it is a darling post & I need to remember to reach for the clouds a lot more!!!

Donahoe Family said...

So dang cute! Wouldn't it be nice if we as adults could be thrilled with such things!

Lara said...

How cute is she!? Love that picture!

Wendi said...

That's just one of the cutest things EVER! :)