Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Kid funny

We were talking about baptism in that thing we do on Monday nights.....seeing as how Emma will be doing that in a couple of weeks.

So....she asks if they FOR SURE drain the font of ALL the water after someone is baptized, then fill it up with fresh water for the next person?

Not sure where she was going with this one.... was she worried the water would be cold? Our faces may have looked a little puzzled. She noticed we weren't quite getting her question and simply said....

"I don't want anyone elses 'washed out' sins all over me!"

What made it even cuter was the fact that she was completely sincere and very WORRIED about this...If you are 'clean' after being baptized, then surely your sins must somehow fall into the water, then the next person being baptized in that same font would absorb all the residue of sins floating around in the water....

or something like that.

She gets the cute comment of the day award!

10 comments:

Mechelle said...

OH MY GOSH, that is so freakin' hilarious!
(do I sound completely Utah molly or what? And Dang, I shoulda added a "heck" in there too.)

Lara said...

What a classic comment! Love love love it! We are so excited for Emma over here.

Kristen said...

Pretty cute comment! Kids are so funny.

Maren said...

That is super cute! That Emma makes my day! (Except when she dreams that Jason married you ONLY after his best friend the princess said no.)

Sherry said...

How funny! We are working on our last baptism. But it's in a couple of months. I am ready for Sam to have the Holy Ghost.

Holly said...

So Cute! I cannot believe that Emma is almost eight. Man I feel old! Can't imagine how old you and Jason feel (he he he)! How was the family get together? Wish we could've been there. We miss you all!

Stef said...

That is quite the interesting observation. Jared laughed really hard when I told him about it. It's funny how literal everything is to kids.

Amy said...

You never know what kind of funny mis-interpretations are rolling around in our kids heads! Glad she shared this one with you!

Stephanie said...

Oh my heavens, that is so cute. I also have a child getting baptized this year. Not until October, so we have a little while. Miss ya! Steph

Jodie Edgington said...

Ange! I just realized you'd gotten back on board with blogging! I'm quite behind!! Emma's comment is hillarious!