Sunday, March 22, 2009

From This.....to This.....

Wasn't it just yesterday she was this cute chubby cheeked, blond hair 3 year old?????? Where did the time actually go??



Alright, before I haul off and start singing a fairly sappy rendition of Sunrise Sunset, let it suffice to say that really truly and honestly....I can't hardly believe she's eight.
Her birthday (which she has LITERALLY been planning and talking about for 9 months now) was a big success. From our traditional birthday breakfast in bed.....a tradition that had a fairly fancy beginning years ago - waffles with strawberries & whip cream, bacon, and orange juice....or WHATEVER the birthday person requested for breakfast. However, the past 3 years, the kids have all opted for a box of cold cereal.
Of their choice.
The sugary kind.
And it's not Chex. Or Honey bunches of Oats either.
Cookie Crisp so far has been the standing favorite. (Why they'd choose that over waffles with strawberries and whip cream is beyond me....)



Swimming that night was triple amounts of fun! How could you go wrong at the Bountiful pool - that place is awesome! And top the weekend off with a her Baptism on Saturday (Thanks for our fabulous family and friends for coming to share that day with her!)

Emma is our very independent, wants to do things her way, but still tender hearted, mostly girly-girl -(but occasionally a Tom-boy....she'll remind me) - who quite often reminds me of spiritual things that are far more important in the bigger scope of things!

Here's to you -
Happy 8th Birthday Emma!

13 comments:

Ali the B. said...

are you kidding me??? I seriously thought she would ALWAYS stay the little gal that played at the park waiting for the fireworks on the fourth of July!! I think there should be a LAW about them growing up so quickly!!! And it should say: STOP IT!!! (since we say that so much anyhow!!)
Congratulations on your baptism Emma & happy birthday (from someone you don't know from Eve!!) ha ha
And by the way, you can tell who her momma is, she is a clone of you!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Lara said...

I love those pictures! What a fun birthday! I know, time needs to slow down just a little. It really makes me sad how quick our kids grow up.

Kristen said...

I remeber that cute little Emma. Brinley was just asking me what her address is, maybe they can email each other or something. She is really growing up, your kids are so tiny.

Mechelle said...

What a cute girl! She has a good head on her as well.

Let the countdown to 9 begin!
11 months, three weeks and 2 days...
(you know she is thinking it)

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday to cute Emma! She is so adorable and I was so happy that I got to come to her baptism :)

P.S. I am totally with you on the waffles and cream...seriously!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday again Emma!
It was a fun day - see you all again on Saturday!
PS: I think that Emma looks like McKenna in that morning just woke up eating breakfast in bed picture.

Steph said...

She is such a cute girl. I am also shocked at my kids fast paced growth. Come on slow down already. Glad the b-day, and baptism went well.

Maren said...

I don't know...how often can you justify Cookie Crunch?

Anyway, happy birthday Emma!

Holly Cruz said...

Happy Birthday Emma! and congratulations on your baptism! Wish we could have been there! Love and miss you!

Myers Family said...

Did she end up getting baptised with her cousin? We went to the stake baptism last Saturday and I didn't see you there,so I assumed you must have done it with your family. I hope she had a great day. I am sure you made her feel extra special.

Sherry said...

I just put a pic of emma and sam in sam's scrapbook....(it was girls' weekend.) Anyway she was standing in front of the church with the steeple hanging from the crane ready to be placed on the church. She had on a purple sweatshirt with her dolly tucked in and the face sticking out. I just loved that she and sam would play together. She is an adorable girl and i can't believe how much she has grown up since leaving here. Miss you all! Congrats emma on your baptism. Any hints for sam?

melissa said...

What a cute post, now I'm even more nervous to invite you to my blog. Please don't make fun:) You must have an interesting email address because I can't pick it out of any of the group emails I've received. Call me or email me and I will be happy to send and invite. Thanks again for a fun family night, your family is adorable.

Wendi said...

What a cute post. My kids enjoy sugar cereal on special occasions too. And our daughter wore that Snow Queen costume for Halloween a couple of years ago too. :)