Sunday, October 24, 2010

40 year old miracles

So.....Jason officially turned old this month. FORTY. That used to seem so ancient to me.
I remember many moons ago being a nanny to a family of five children. The mom was 30. Thirty seemed SO MATURE. So put together. And, I'll admit it - to a 17 year old nanny, it just sounded down right OLD.
But here we are, far surpassing the young age of 30. And sincerely, not feeling much more mature or put together than I was way back then.
Jason had this great idea to run a marathon for his birthday, and so......we TOTALLY did it!
It was awesome! And horrible. And a little bit of everything in between. I hated it, and absolutely loved it - all at the same time. But we finished it. It was somewhat of a miracle I think.

Thanks for great running buddies who somehow made it easier to get up at 4:00 in the morning to do long runs. You guys are awesome!


Thanks for such wonderfully supportive friends - you MADE my day!


Thanks Jason's parents for coming to support us, and for lunch afterwards. Golden Corral never tasted so good!

Thanks Jason for taking a risk and signing up.

Mostly I feel overwhelmingly blessed that, although it's not speed-record-breaking, my body was healthy and able to run 26.2 miles. Our bodies are amazing things, and what a blessing that is! Jason and I figured that as long as we are healthy, we might as well take advantage of the situation. So.....we just signed up for another one!
Can't wait for May 2011!


6 comments:

Shill and Company said...

Wow, another one?!? Good for you guys. You are both so inspiring. I love that you did this together. You two love birds look terrific in all of these photos. It's awesome to see you enjoying this hobby together.

laura s. said...

Wahoo!!

Lara said...

You guys are awesome!!!!!!
I hope Lee and I can grow up to be like you guys someday! :)
Keep up the amazing work!

PS - Thanks for the KT tape. I'll be trying it soon and crossing my fingers.

The Cheatham Family said...

8) October b-days are so fun! Way to go you two.

Stef said...

Wahoo! I knew you could do it!

Wendi said...

You amaze me, Ange! That's so impressive. I'm also thankful for miracles, big and small. :)